Wednesday, November 22, 2023
12:30pm - 1:30pm AEST
1 CPD Point
Join Lauren Cassimatis, Founder and Principal Lawyer of Gallant Law, Founder and Chair of Connecting Lawyer Mums and Adjunct Lecturer at the College of Law, for the second instalment in her Criminal Law series.
This webinar will address these key points:
• What is stealthing?
• What is affirmative consent?
• What are the potential ramifications of the new sex laws?
• The importance of community education, especially for young people
• The importance of the advice to your clients prior to a police interview and setting up a case strategy and theory at the outset
• Being interviewed by police
Lauren Cassimatis is the Founder and Principal Lawyer of Gallant Law, the Founder and Chair of Connecting Lawyer Mums and an Adjunct Lecturer at the College of Law. Lauren has over 20 years’ experience in the legal profession, is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Criminal Law and is one of Australia’s leading criminal lawyers. Lauren founded Gallant Law with a vision to protect her clients’ interests beyond the courtroom, advocating for their rehabilitation, identity, relationships, careers and reputation.