By Lawyers For Lawyers
Analyse the contributions and 75(2) factors, complete the necessary pre- action procedures, write the letters, prepare the consent orders or binding financial agreements, understand the four step process. Attend the conciliation conferences with confidence in your understanding of the likely outcomes. This is a must for family law practitioners.
Children and family law
1. File cover sheet - Children
2. Instructions checklist - Children
3. Costs agreements
Costs agreement - Children - NSW
Costs agreement - Children - Victoria
Client service agreement (CSA) - Queensland Disclosure notice - Queensland Letter of engagement with CSA - Queensland
Costs agreement - Children - SA
Costs agreement - Children - WA
4. Initial letter to client enclosing costs agreement
5. Initial letter to other side sending parenting plan
6. Parenting plan
1. Parenting plan
1. Application for consent orders Application - Draft Consent Parenting Orders and allegations of abuse or family violence
2. Consent orders - without appearance Example - Minutes of consent orders children only Minutes of consent orders Annexure to draft consent parenting order
Library of orders - children
1. Binding child support agreement Limited child support agreement
2. Example - Affidavit by legal practitioner to have binding child support agreement registered with Family Court Annexure coversheet
Application to change your assessment - Special circumstances
1. Duty of disclosure (Family Court brochure)
2. Before you file - pre-action procedure for parenting cases (prescribed brochure)
3. Letter to other side - Parenting orders sought
4. Letter to other side's solicitor in response to parenting proposal
Library of orders - ChildrenLibrary of orders - GeneralLibrary of orders - Property
Parenting orders - obligations, consequences and who can help (Family Court fact sheet of obligations and consequences of contravention)
Family Court publications - links to the Family Law Court
Library of affidavit clauses
Family Court of Australia
1. Initiating application Response to initiating application
Federal Circuit Court
1. Initiating application Response
2. Federal Circuit Court affidavit Annexure page to Affidavit
Affidavit - non-filing of family dispute resolution certificate
Application for exemption from fees - financial hardship (not to be used for divorce)
Application for exemption from fees - general (not to be used for divorce)
Request for deferral of court fees
Request for refund of court fees
Example - Minutes of consent orders children only
Application for consent orders
Request to attend by electronic communication
1. Parenting questionnaire
2. Family Court affidavit Federal Circuit Court affidavit
3. Example - Affidavit in support of application
4. Annexure coversheet
5. Outline of the case
Affidavit Annexure page to Affidavit
Notice of request to inspect
Notice of ceasing to act Notice of address for service
Notice of intention to withdraw as lawyer Notice of withdrawal as lawyer Notice of address for service
1. Interim relocation applications outline of submissions
2. Interim applications outline of submissions
3. Application in a case Response to an application in a case
Application in a case
Affidavit in support
Recovery Order Family Law Information Sheet – links to the Australian Federal Police form for completion
Notice of child abuse, family violence or risk of family violence - LLSFC4
Enforcement hearings (prescribed brochure)
Letter to other side re contravention
Letter to client finalising the matter
Smokeball Terms & Conditions
Smokeball does not invite reliance upon, nor accept responsibility for, the information
Smokeball makes every effort to provide a high quality service. However, neither
Smokeball nor the providers of data on Smokeball, give any guarantees, undertakings
or warranties concerning the accuracy, completeness or up-to-date nature of the
Users should confirm information from another source if it is of sufficient importance
for them to do so.
Found a problem with this product, whether it be spelling, formatting or content, we'd love to hear from you!
Help us ensure that each guide is relevant, current and meets expectations of all users.
Open in iBooks
Check your email for download instructions.
If you do not see the e-mail please check Junk/Spam e-mail folders.
The eBook for this publication is not ready. You can help set our priorities for eBooks by informing us of your needs below.
Thankyou your request has been submitted.
The eBook for this publication is not available for your current access (expires ).
You can upgrade to a recurring subscription now for access to eBooks.
This Work is a precedent or guide prepared by the Author and is not legal advice.
The facts of each case will be different and Users must satisfy themselves that this Work is appropriate for the
particular case or circumstances for which they intend to use the Work. Neither the Author nor Smokeball is providing
legal advice nor do they warrant that this Work is entirely free of defects or fit for any specific purpose and neither
the Author nor Smokeball accept any liability for any errors or omissions in the Work and any loss or damages resulting
from or connected with the use of the Work. The Author and Smokeball recommend that Users be familiar with the applicable
laws and legal procedures relating to the use of the Work, or otherwise should seek legal advice, before using the Work.
Smokeball accepts no liability for the publication of the Work by the Author on the Smokeball System.
Links to Third Party Websites
Smokeball contains links to third party websites which are external to Smokeball. Smokeball makes no warranties and accepts
no liability for any links contained within Smokeball to third party internet sites; the content and/or the accuracy,
correctness, currency and/or reliability of such content therein; or any consequence of acting upon the contents of any website
which is not owned/operated by Smokeball. Smokeball does not endorse the content, or the use, of such websites, material or
content linked from or to this website. Users of links provided within Smokeball are responsible for being aware of which
organisation is hosting the website they visit. Views or recommendations provided in linked websites do not necessarily reflect
those of Smokeball.